Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Time to get out of the LaZBoy


I lost the entire last week, first in hospital & then all Easter zonked in the LazyBoy. Trapped in dreams & nightmares thanks to meds and too much weed. I don’t ever want to do that again

I know other people's dreams are boring but this one was so shattering I need to share it:

I woke up to find the docs telling me that they couldn’t save ma neck and they'd had to amputate my body from C2 down (dream logic! – I was breathing etc.). They said Id be OK - theyd put a handle on my halo so people could carry me around.

Horrible!!!

My check-up this morning was better – I got the OK to restart a restricted life.

I still have the halo brace and I still have to use the walking cane (which is good – it makes stairs etc. easier) and the collar (ditto – it takes some of the pressure feeling off my head I think). [pic: my caregiver showing my collar "This wont hurt much"]

No comments:

Post a Comment