Friday, March 26, 2010

At the market


I want to write more about my first night out H-ed last Saturday.

It has really stuck in my mind.

The Asian community were having a Night Market so we went to that first. It was totally chokka and I ended up stuck in the crowd. I was REALLY freaking out!!!!!!!! So scared I'd fall or get bumped.

Turns out the traffic jam was sort of caused by a guy in a head-controled power wheelchair trying to get through. I could see him workin the touch pads round his head tryin to get his chair past people.

Didnt see his face - the thing that really hit me was his hands: His arms were strapped into these armrest cradles with his hands out in front. His hands were beautiful – someone had arranged his fingers all evenly spaced out and his nails were perfect. Trouble is, without any life in them his hands looked like wax or plastic.

That's when it really hit me >> that could be me …

How bizarre is that? That my first day out in the Halo I'd see someone like that.

Its like karma or a warning or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment